Marpole Community Plan
The Marpole Community Plan (Appendix B, page 47/100) will focus on five areas:
- Land Use, Built Form and Infrastructure – what to build, where to build it, and what it will look like.
- Housing – maintaining affordability and diversity.
- Transportation and Connectivity – handling increased traffic from new developments and encouraging pedestrians and cyclists, even with five main arterials (Granville, Oak, Cambie, SW Marine and 70th) dividing our neighbourhood.
- Community Amenities and Facilities – figuring out the community’s needs and priorities, improving our aging facilities (Marpole Place, Community Centre and Library) to meet those needs, and where will the money come from?
- Public Realm, Parks, and Greening – improving our public spaces and parks (55% of our park space is poor quality compared to 20% city-wide), and increasing access to the Fraser River.
Want to know more? The City will deliver the latest news, events and updates right to your email inbox if you join the Marpole Community Plan Mailing List.
For full information go to the Marpole Community Plan website.
Marpole Matters blogged about the community plan:
|2012-03-23T12:00:00-07:00:||Update about the Marpole Community Plan with the City's Planners.|
|2012-03-27T09:00:00-07:00:||Proposed Terms of Reference for Marpole Community Plan.|
|2012-03-27T12:00:00-07:00:||Letter to Mayor and Council re: Marpole Community Plan Process|
|2012-04-03T11:30:00-07:00:||Community Planners Presentation to City Council re: Marpole Community Plan|
|2012-04-19T14:30:00-07:00:||New events scheduled re: Marpole Community Plan|
|2012-05-03T11:15:00-07:00:||Report from the storytelling event for the Marpole Community Plan|
|2012-05-09T18:50:00-07:00:||Report and photos from the first ever Jane's Walk in Marpole|
|2012-09-25T11:45:00-07:00:||Impression of the 525 completed Marpole Community Plan Questionnaires|
|2012-10-18T14:30:00-07:00:||Marpolians' Walkabout to support the Marpole Community Plan|
|2013-03-01T23:55:00-07:00:||Marpole Community Plan Open Houses and Workshops|
|2013-03-29T23:00:00-07:00:||Proposed land use for the emerging Marpole Community Plan|